For over two centuries, American ancestors have worked to expand and apply our ideals and understand what they truly mean. We need to honor heroes from all the ethnic groups that built this land. How can we develop a relationship based on spiritual affinity without misappropriation? How can we work with all the ancestors to make our country a place of liberty and justice for all?
Come relax and celebrate with the Friends of the South Philadelphia Library. Meet your neighbors, enjoy refreshments, make a holiday craft, and listen to live music. Interfaith Philadelphia will be honoring the Library as a Zone of Peace. We will also be collecting new, unused, brand-name items for our Hygiene Kits including baby wipes, liquid soap, and tissues.
Eventbrite – Tenders of the Earth Temple, ASW presents Underpinnings of Wicca – Saturday, January 4, 2020 | Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 349 E Vernon Rd, Philadelphia, PA 19119-1949, United States, Philadelphia, PA.
The Penn Museum is home to remarkable objects and their powerful stories. Every day at 1:00 pm, dig into a 15-minute exploration of an extraordinary artifact. Gain deeper insights into its history, cultural context, caretaking, and more while you hear the unique perspectives of archaeologists, anthropologists, scientists, conservators, archivists, and other Museum specialists. After the talk, you are welcome to explore your questions with the presenter.
Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 7 PM – 10 PM
Springfield Friends Meeting
1001 Old Sproul Rd, Springfield Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania
It is Samhain! A time when the veils thin and we seek the wisdom of the ancestors. Join us for a sacred night of communing with our ancestors. We will open the space of silence and sit before the gate of between as we invite our beloveds to gift us with their wisdom.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for those planning to attend this ritual!
1. Please plan to arrive no later than 7:15p.m. sharp. Because of the nature of this ritual, the doors to ritual space will be closed and anyone who has not arrived by that time WILL NOT be permitted to enter the space and participate;
2. Please use the cemetery side door (with ramp) when you arrive. Someone will be there to direct you into the gathering space;
3. You do not need ritual clothes. Street clothes are preferred;
4. Bring a small (something you can hold in your hand) representation of the ancestor you wish to commune with;
5. Bring water to take into ritual space and a small snack to ground after ritual. You will need this.
6. Please RSVP if you are planning to attend. Headcount is needed for this.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post here. Thanks for reading through and I hope you will join us….
Suggested Donation: $15 if only coming to the Ritual
If you are attending the Labyrinth of the Goddess Series this ritual is included as part of your class Fee.